Monday, October 29, 2007

Cousins

Okay, I might be stealing some of my mom's christmas card thunder here, but I had to post these pictures of all of her grandkids. I love them- both the pictures and the kids! I love having pics of all of them together because it reminds me of how truly blessed Collin and Sarah Kate are to having such loving families to support them. And all of these kids are so precious to me personally. I remember each of their births, and love all of the little oddities that make each one special.







Haleigh and Bret were born when I was still in high school, so they have always been so special and so spoiled by all of us. Haleigh is driving now, and Bret is getting so big that I don't even recognize his voice anymore. They are also two of the most polite, loving teenagers I have ever been around. Hats off to my brother and his wife on raising respectful kids!


And Taylor and Chandler were the first "pair" of the family. These two have been so fun to watch grow up together. Chandler with her boundless enthusiasm, and Taylor with her genuine sweetness. I love them both so much, and appreciate their willingness to let their dorky aunt sit in on their High School Musical parties and go to the American Girl store with them. (Love HSM by the way- and have a t-shirt to prove it!)


Colton and Patton were the next pair and what I love so much about these two right now is how great they are with Collin. They make him feel like he's a real "big kid" and always let him tag along. Colton is constantly giving Collin his toys!


Lexi, as she says, doesn't have a partner like most of her other cousins, which suits her perfectly. She definitely makes a statement on her own! She is the funniest little girl EVER, and keeps us on our toes all the time!


Parker, sweet Parker! He was a royal pain while Brittany was pregnant, but has been proving everyone wrong since. He's another geuninely sweet little boy- he's one of the only three-year-olds I know that will give hugs and kisses on demand.


Then there's Hank- whata sweet boy he is too! He and Collin are going to have so much fun growing up together, and from what I can tell so far, they may get into some trouble along the way too.

Just wanted to jot down a couple of things about these kids- they are such a huge blessing to our family, especially Collin and Sarah Kate. They have brought so much joy to my life, and gave me the opportunity to test out some of my parenting theories before I actually had kids of my own! I love you all SO very much!





7 comments:

Rachel Evans said...

How precious! I have to know where they got those shirts! That would be a great Christmas gift for my 10 nieces and nephews!

ginny said...

oh my gosh! soooo cute! that whole polk clan is just amazing...

ginny (johnson) brooks

JB said...

What a great idea! Laura, which ones are Brittany and Jeff's kiddos? Just curious! :)

Blair said...

Those pictures are so cool. The shirts were a great idea.

I can't believe how much older the kids are. They're all really cute.

Shanta said...

Oh, I love all those kids too. They make the Polk house so much fun. I consider it one of my life's greatest accomplishments knowing all their names.

Alyssa said...

So adorable! Being an aunt is such a joy! I know they all love Aunt Laura!

Melody said...

I just found your blog on Lauren's blog (yay!)... The picture of all the cousins are soo sweet... You are very blessed to have such a wonderful and large family - Collin & Sarah Kate will always be surrounded with love.

Reading your other blogs just crack me up...you're a good blogger :)