Monday, July 21, 2008

Birthday Hangover!

Take yourselves back 7 months to the day after Christmas. Do you remember feeling a little gluttonous, sluggish, overwhelmed by clean-up, and actually ready to take down the tree? I've got that feeling. I've had too much cake, my kids have gotten too many gifts (although we're totally appreciative of all our sweet friends and family!) and it's not over yet. Collin had his little birthday party on his real birthday with his grandparents and a few cousins. His big birthday is yet to come. SK is done though, which is probably best. I had the thought as I was making her sit still in her cool chair (thanks Kay Kay) to open gifts that this was way too overwhelming for a one-year-old. She survived though- smothered herself in cake and went to bed completely happy.

Pictures to come...I'm too hungover to post them now!

Funny Collin comment on the way to church:
Collin: Hey Mom and Dad, do you want to talk? Cuz I'm not sleepin'!

Those are pretty much his only two options...sleeping or talking.

0 comments: