Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

We're enjoying an awesome 4th of July weekend at the Blackstock house! I'm a huge fan of the 4th being on a Friday-makes for a wonderful weekend! We started off on Thursday with Sarah Kate's tube surgery, which isn't all that fun for her I don't guess (although you can't tell in this picture) but it did give us a lot of one-on-one time with her. And she was back to her crazy self by lunchtime!



We spent the day yesterday at my parents' house with most of my family plus Mom's adopted kids, Ken and Shanta. We actually had a moment of nirvana when all the kids were sleeping at the same time and the adults were hanging out by the pool...greatness. We almost didn't know what to do with ourselves. Then came the real fun-

Can you blame a girl for wanting to be cool like her uncle?

Thanks for the sparklers, Chris! David has a burn to commemorate the occasion!

The three little divas: Sarah Kate, Campbell, and Edie. This was the best we could do before the two babies melted down completely and before Sarah Kate tried to eat them. The kid will put anything in her mouth.

I realize that Collin's eyes are almost closed and that his boy-fro is in full force in this picture, but it was too cute of Henry to not include in the post. I think this was after swimming session #2 and football, but before fireworks. That's why they look a little worn.


Collin and Eddy waiting to catch the football. He is the most wonderful uncle to my babies!
I really hope someone else with a camera got a better shot of this! Sorry guys, had to include it for posterity!
This is my attempt to utilize the grease from SK's sunscreen to stabilize her crazy bow. It worked I guess.
Time to chill in the jacuzzi sink and try to wash out the greasy sunscreen! What a day!



The picture that I didn't get was of all of the kids watching fireworks while sitting in Haleigh's convertible. It was hilarious and such a great memory for all of them. Happy 4th everyone!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

So fun. Looks like a good time was had by all! Good work on SK's bow!

Russamoto said...

I have been waiting for you to post and I was not disappointed! The cute factor of SK is SUPER HIGH! I should just call and get my Polk fix that way. Love you guys!

Shanta said...

I love the sudsy shot. Very bubbly. Thanks for including us- sorry CJ was insane. But, we still had a wonderful time and I need some more shortcake!

Nicole said...

I laughed out loud at the thought of SK eating Campbell and Edie...too funny! It sounds like a wonderful day!