Friday, July 6, 2007

Home Sweet Hospital

Yesterday I took up residence in the hospital for the remainder of the pregnancy. It's hard for several reasons (not yet ready to have this baby, I have to be away from Collin, the remote to my TV doesn't let me change the volume and makes me change channels one direction, etc.) but at least they have chocolate milk in little cartons. A special treat!

So here are the stats...
According to my official (and more accurate) calendar, I am 35 weeks, 1 day...YIPEEE!
According to my doctor, I am 34 weeks, 5 days...still a great accomplishment! The baby (brace yourselves) is measuring a whopping 5 lb. 15 oz. as of yesterday, and has already had the steroids for her lungs. She should do great if we had to have her soon. Also, I am already progressing towards labor, which is good news for me!

The doctor said that this could happen in the next couple of days, or if we're lucky, we could buy another week or so. It's just kind of a wait-and-see game right now. I'm being seen by a cardiologist today because my heart is doing some funky things, but I don't really expect to hear that there is anything abnormal...I'm just abnormal, normally.

Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers for our little family....and a HUGE thanks to everyone who has picked up the slack and made this a manageable situation. David and I are so incredibly blessed, and Sarah Kate has no idea how many people love her already. Praise God for our friends and family!!!

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Shanta said...

GIRL!! What in the world? Were you just getting tired of being at home. I could have taken you somewhere else if you were bored.. we'll be checking in to see you soon!

Hi Sarah Kate! Can't wait to meet you baby girl!

Lauren said...

Glad to hear that SK is getting bigger and you are doing ok. we're continuing to pray for you and baby girl.
..."Everyone needs to just remain calm and stay where you are"...
sorry, that just popped in my head. ;) Seriously though, hang in there and we'll help in whatever way we can.

Rachel Evans said...

If you didn't want me to bring you dinner, all you had to do was say so. I mean, the hospital is a bit drastic don't you think? Does this mean you prefer hospital food over my cooking??
Seriously, glad everything is going well with Sarah Kate. I hope to stop by and see you soon!